Small World, Big God

This morning in Sunday school I had a small world experience. A friend of mine, Kent, brought a visitor. We'll call him Troy (because that's his name). Kent introduced Troy as a longtime friend and a former staff person for Campus Outreach at Montevallo that had discipled Kent when Kent was in college. Being that I was involved with Campus Outreach at Troy, I introduced myself after class. Troy --this is going to be confusing now--said that he graduated from Troy the year before I started there. We began to ask each other about names of people that we might both know. One of them was a guy named Charles, the guy who discipled me during my time there and was a very instrumental person in my life as a brand-new Christian. Troy told me, to my surprise, that he discipled Charles. What a small world and what a big God that did all that. It was encouraging. It was a needed reminder of what is really important.

No comments: