Facebook Turning Useful

I signed up for a Facebook account maybe a year or so ago. To be honest, I mainly did it to look at how I might integrate some software I've started developing into Facebook's applications, especially since Facebook has so many users. I wouldn't visit it often, since much of it seemed silly to me, such as virtually "throwing sheep" at someone or giving virtual gifts. (If you are a Facebook user that enjoys these things, please forgive me. I'm just being honest.)

Facebook had its usefulness, too, however: It could be used as a communication tool to a group of people, people shared photos, etc. These were actually practical uses that I could appreciate but I still only went to Facebook on those occasions that someone I knew wanted to connect with a friend request.

The practical use of it has jumped up an order of magnitude however recently. For about the last week and a half, there has been an explosion of connections I've made with old friends from college. These were friends that I've lost touch with over the years but were "impactful" (as my pastor would say) at a time when I was a new Christian. Many of these were the kinds of friends you could just pick up talking with after years of not seeing and it be as though time hadn't passed. So, I'm seeing the usefulness of Facebook now.

...and I just figured out how to get this blog incorporated into my Facebook profile with "Flog".

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the tip on Flog! I used to import my blog into notes on facebook, but I decided that I didn't like how that worked. I'm going to try flog and see if I like it better.