You may have read this elsewhere but Firefox 3 is out. Mozilla is trying to set a world record for downloads in a 24-hour period, which ends at 1:16 PM CDT on June 18, 2008. I don't know that there is a current world record that Mozilla is trying to beat since that may not be a current category in the Guiness World Records. I did a search on the Guiness site on the word "downloads" and came up empty.
I downloaded it tonight. It has a new look but I haven't yet delved into the new features (but I will). Most of my extensions are compatible. There is a Field Guide to Firefox 3 for those who want to know what is new.
If you still are using Internet Explorer, download and check out Firefox. You will never want to go back to using Internet Explorer again. With the IE Tab extension, you may never need to open Internet Explorer again, even for those pesky web pages that have been written to only work in this nonstandard browser. (Internet Explorer uses proprietary technologies, such as ActiveX, and does not conform to many web standards.)
2 comments:
I saw that F3 was coming out. I haven't downloaded it yet. I definitely use Firefox on my Linux machine, but I typically use Safari on Windows. I like the clean, iTunes-like look and feel. Of course Firefox is very customizable. I like it a lot too.
Firefox 3 did make the Guinness Book of World Records for most downloads in a 24-hour period with 8,002,530.
Post a Comment